Big Ten Beverages Waterloo Iowa Bottle Estate Sale Find

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

piperston

Reaction score
I am new to the hobby having recently started collecting soda bottles after purchasing several cases of older bottles at a barn sale. Since then I have purchased several other bottles at estate sales and garage sales. I have been able to value many of them from online research.

One bottle I can't find out much about is a Big Ten Beverages bottle from Waterloo, IA. It features a football player on the bottle (sorry forgot to take a picture before I left the house -- the attached picture is from the web).

Can anyone tell me its age and approximate value? Mine is in very good condition, though I'm certainly no expert on condition.

Also, can anyone recommend a price guide or website that focuses on soda bottles from the WWII Era through the 1970s?

Thank you.

Attachments

• bottle.jpg
    bottle.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 214

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a really nice one! I'd guess it's from the 50s or 60s. If you post a picture of the bottom it will almost certainly have a date code on it. With such good topical graphics I'd suspect that's a pretty good one though no way to be sure of value without seeing other sell on Ebay. I generally don't recommend price guides, they tend to become out of date quickly and prices tend to fluctuate wildly from one auction to the next. http://www.ca-yd.com/html/bottles/aclcollection.htm is a good site to see what's out there, they list two Big Ten bottles from different cities so it looks like it may have been a minor franchise. I think there may be one or two good US ACL books but I'm not sure what they are since I don't collect American bottles.

RCO

Reaction score
as for price guides , most of the ones I've found here were old or outdated , think part of the problem is collectables surged in price in the 90's then crashed in late 2000's , some have recovered since but the old books aren't really that useful now

now days most people just search online to see what others are asking or what similar items sold for on sites like ebay

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora