Sharing Pics of New Acquisitions. Invoices, Caps and Carrier

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JKL

Reaction score
A local picker in my town gives me a shout whenever he has picked up anything cool that is soda related. This week he called me because he had taken in some old 1950's era soda sales invoices from various bottlers. Coke, 7-Up, Riverside Beverages, Hamilton Beverages and finally (dear to my heart) Kitchener Beverages, the former local Pepsi, Wishing Well bottler. I couldn't resist grabbing a few because of the history they carry. Prices of the brands, case costs, returns etc. The retailer was Fritsch Pharmacy located in the heart of downtown Kitchener Ontario. The pharmacy not longer exists.

Secondly while picking up the invoices he offered me about 65 bottle caps he had laying around. He wanted $15 dollars so I picked them up out pure intrigue. I like the art work, plus the city of bottling is often on the rim of the cap. Figured the deal was to good to pass up on.

Lastly he offered me the Kist Beverages 6 pack cardboard carton for free as I was leaving. I find these cool too. Never meant to be collected these are also really cool to look at.

So feeling fortunate today and wanted to share.
Inv 1.jpginv2.jpginv 3.jpginv 4.jpginv5.jpgCaps.jpgKist Carton 2.jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
That Kist six pack is probably pretty tough even though it's mid 70's, I have a can from the same era with that design that is impossible to find.

BillHaddo

Reaction score
I think this might be the bottle that went with your case. Notice it is in metric only, so it must be 70's or later!20190613_185325.jpg20190613_185347.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

JKL

Reaction score
That's a great bottle.
I don't think I've seen one of that design before.
Thanks for sharing.

Raypadua

Reaction score
Love those cap's! I just picked up a bunch myself to go along with bottles I have. I didn't even realize they had cork in the old caps!

JKL

Reaction score
Raypadua, I never really made these a focus for collecting but over the years have managed to gather quite a few. I have a couple hundred from a bunch of flavours. I found that the one dollar cardboard coin holders inserted in coin collecting pages is a great way to protect them and still display them.
I recently bought a bottle for $5 that I already had in my collection just because it had the cap still on it. I thought it looked so much better with the cap.
I also have found that I like the cardboard 6 pack carriers too. I have managed to collect about 3 dozen of these as well. Problem with that is that I want to fill them once I get one so end up spending more on bottles just to see the carrier full.
Thanks for the note.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora