Howdy - Ginger Ale - no deposit no return bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
found this on the weekend , there is a large flea market down south that they have twice a year . I walked around looking at things for a while and didn't really find much . only bought 2 bottles and this was one of them .

don't have anything similar and not that familiar with this bottle . it is a Canadian no deposit bottle as it has French and English embossed on the side ( no French on label ) , its a small 6 oz bottle . my guess is its from the mid to late 60's era .

for " Howdy " from seven up - dry ginger ale . I know there was a number of Howdy flavours , so not sure how popular the ginger ale was . I've found howdy cans from the 70's for - cream soda , root beer and orange .

DSC02083.jpgDSC02084.jpgDSC02085.jpg

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
I've never seen one or heard of one. Definitely hold onto it. Wikipedia does speak of the existence of Howdy Ginger Ale starting in the 1960's.

Canadacan

Reaction score
Ginger ale seemed to be the less common flavor for Howdy, I've seen this bottle in root beer and orange, I have the can if anyone wishes to see.

RCO

Reaction score
Ginger ale seemed to be the less common flavor for Howdy, I've seen this bottle in root beer and orange, I have the can if anyone wishes to see.

it makes sense it be less common as there was already several more established ginger ale bottlers ( Canada dry and Schweppes ) and Howdy seems to be more known for flavoured pop like orange or root beer

I've found a couple howdy cans but none of them were in good condition but seems to have been a popular brand here

BillHaddo

Reaction score
Here's two bottles I have found. The white one has both English and French , so it is probably newer. 20190611_202332.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi