Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member New Bottler

Recent heart breakers

Who else is killing the heart breakers this year? crosse & blackwell purveyors to the queen londoncharles culden importer patented march 29 1898Udolpho Wolfe's Schiedam Aromatic SchnappsTURNER BROTHERS
    NEW YORK, BUFFALO, NY.
    &*SAN FRANCISCO CAL*

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nola.River.Rat; 06-11-2019 at 04:36 PM.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    That's a shame, some of those would have been real beauties! Is the Turner Brothers pontilled? And that triangular one is really unusual, I wonder what it contained. There aren't many triangular American bottles out there.

That's terrible. It's like someone hit each one of them just enough to take a piece out of them!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBottles View Post
    That's a shame, some of those would have been real beauties! Is the Turner Brothers pontilled? And that triangular one is really unusual, I wonder what it contained. There aren't many triangular American bottles out there.
    You ain't jokin! Turner's isn't pontilled. I think I read somewhere the triangular one contained mustard or something similar. My buddy actually found a complete one at the same site. I love finding a cache of good bottles.

Quote Originally Posted by WesternPA-collector View Post
    That's terrible. It's like someone hit each one of them just enough to take a piece out of them!
    Haha! I know! Just my luck. I've looked into getting some repaired, but I would rather spend my free time trying to find a whole one.

Doesn't look like mustard to me at all, at least not the sort of mustard we have today. It would have been really difficult to get it out of the bottle. Maybe capers, the colour is similar to a lot of European caper bottles but the neck is very thin for that.

Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    Great color on the Wolfe's and that black Turner's would've brought a buck or two if it had been whole. My heart breaks for you!

Member New Bottler
    Nice finds tho! id love to find a cache like that!

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBottles View Post
    Doesn't look like mustard to me at all, at least not the sort of mustard we have today. It would have been really difficult to get it out of the bottle. Maybe capers, the colour is similar to a lot of European caper bottles but the neck is very thin for that.
    Sorry it looks like it says Charles Gulden not Culden. I agree with it not being a good design to get out a sauce, but maybe they didn't know any better back then. Here is where I read the mustard info. https://www.bottlepickers.com/bottle_articles208.htm

Quote Originally Posted by sandchip View Post
    Great color on the Wolfe's and that black Turner's would've brought a buck or two if it had been whole. My heart breaks for you!
    Thanks sandchip! At least it gives me something to stay motivated and dream about