Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Junior Member New Bottler
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    12

    Help identifying bottle

    Can anyone help in identifying this bottle? I've never seen anything like it before.
    Thanks!

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Senior Member Bottle Master
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,870
    That looks like a really old one to me! Is it pontilled? I think it's a citrate of magnesia based on that top, but a lot older than your typical citrate.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Bottle Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,750
    I second the citrate!

  4. #4
    Junior Member New Bottler
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBottles View Post
    That looks like a really old one to me! Is it pontilled? I think it's a citrate of magnesia based on that top, but a lot older than your typical citrate.
    No pontil. Interesting. I never would have guessed since my only citrate of magnesia is a crown top. Thanks!

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Junior Member New Bottler
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by nhpharm View Post
    I second the citrate!
    Thanks!

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    4,236
    I agree with Canada. My first thought would be citrate, too.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Bottle Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,104
    that looks like it would polish up to a really neat cornflower blue, not just your typical aqua. 3x on citrate of magnesia. They seemed to be a product that came in very uniform packaging.

    Jim G

  8. #8
    Junior Member New Bottler
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by sandchip View Post
    I agree with Canada. My first thought would be citrate, too.
    Thanks! Any idea of date range? It has mold seams that stop on its shoulder. It was found with other bottles from around 1870-1900

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Junior Member New Bottler
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by saratogadriver View Post
    that looks like it would polish up to a really neat cornflower blue, not just your typical aqua. 3x on citrate of magnesia. They seemed to be a product that came in very uniform packaging.

    Jim G
    Thanks! Yes it is a pretty blue. I wish I had a tumbler. Just can't justify the expense right now. I wonder if it was always cloudy or part of the breakdown of the glass.

    Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •