Help dating Sloan's Liniment bottle?

Hi, all.

Found this embossed Sloan's Liniment bottle near a mine in SE Utah. Still has its lid, although that is a little rusty. The bottle front is embossed with SLOAN'S LINIMENT, and MADE IN USA. The bottom has several characters on it, and I had a hard time getting a good picture of it, so I drew a diagram.

Please help me figure out its date - I am interested in the date, but also HOW to find the date on my own, next time!

Thanks for any help,

Katie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-06-18 SloansLiniment bottle 1.jpg   2019-06-18 SloansLiniment bottle 2.jpg   2019-06-18 SloansLiniment bottle 3.jpg   2019-06-18 SloansLiniment bottle 4 bottom diagram.jpg  

Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    I don't know for sure, but I'd guess 1920s-30s. Maybe someone better versed on ABM base markings will nail it down. I like those old Sloan's bottles.

Just noticed that you're fairly new here, so welcome aboard!

Senior Member Bottle Master
    My guess is 1930s to 1950s, to my knowledge medicine bottles generally weren't dated at all. Seems like it was mainly drink bottles that were, unless there's some other date marking system that I don't know about.

Thank you, sandchip and CanadianBottles! I will wait for more replies. I am new, but definitely want to learn about old glass bottles!

Senior Member Bottle Finder
    I agree with all of the above. It's been my experience that many medicine bottles don't have any exact "dates" on the bottom of the bottles. The numbers and letters you are seeing would pertain more to the internal codes of whatever factory made it.