Senior Member Bottle Master Screwtop's Avatar

Embossed Berkeley Club Soda

This was found in my backyard, where I used to live in Berkeley Springs. I don't know much about it, in terms of company history.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1076.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	189082Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1077.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	189083Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1078.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	189084

There is a 3 to the left of the logo, a 1 to the right of the logo, and a 1 below the logo.
    In all my perplexity's and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
    - Robert E. Lee

Senior Member Bottle Finder
    I see that mark on bottom of bottles from time to time in Canada. What company is this?
    I would like to know about those numbers too.

That bottle has a great look. Nice find.

Senior Member Bottle Master Screwtop's Avatar
    That would be Owens-Illinois glass company. That particular mark was used from the 30's up until the 60's I believe. Very common mark.
    In all my perplexity's and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
    - Robert E. Lee

The Mark is from the Owens-Illinois Glass Company

a “Diamond and O (oval) entwined, with an I in center” and dates from circa 1929 into the mid and late 1950s. (Latest confirmed date code with this older trademark known on a bottle is 1966).

Typically, the number on the LEFT of the diamond logo is the plant code number, the number on the RIGHT is a year date code, and the number below the logo (if present) indicates the mold number (mold identifying number, “mold cavity number” or serial number).

Examples: plant code #2 stood for the Huntington, WV plant; “3″ was the Fairmont, WV plant(number used up to 1981, later “3” was used by Muskogee, OK); “4” was Clarksburg, WV; “7″ indicated Alton, IL; “9″, the Streator, IL factory; “12″ was Gas City, IN; “14″ was the Bridgeton, NJ plant, #21 is Portland, OR; #22 is Tracy, CA; #20 is Oakland, CA; #23 is Los Angeles, CA, etc.

This info is from the Glass Bottlemarks Website: https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/owe...ntainer-marks/

Screwtop beat me to the punch I hit enter on my note and there was your post!

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Nice bottle! Should be a 1931 since there's no dot by the 1 on the right. Otherwise would be a 1941.

neat bottle , most of those smaller bottlers its pretty hard to find much on the company by now , sometimes there might be local history books which mention such bottlers but often pretty hard to research

I don't see the owens Illinois glass mark much here and when I do its always on American bottles

patent for this style looks like it go's back be for 1931. small bottlers kipped there stuff going until they were bought out.