Embossed Berkeley Club Soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
This was found in my backyard, where I used to live in Berkeley Springs. I don't know much about it, in terms of company history.

DSC_1076.jpgDSC_1077.jpgDSC_1078.jpg

There is a 3 to the left of the logo, a 1 to the right of the logo, and a 1 below the logo.

JKL

Reaction score
I see that mark on bottom of bottles from time to time in Canada. What company is this?
I would like to know about those numbers too.

Screwtop

Reaction score
That would be Owens-Illinois glass company. That particular mark was used from the 30's up until the 60's I believe. Very common mark.

Raypadua

Reaction score
The Mark is from the Owens-Illinois Glass Company

a “Diamond and O (oval) entwined, with an I in center” and dates from circa 1929 into the mid and late 1950s. (Latest confirmed date code with this older trademark known on a bottle is 1966).

Typically, the number on the LEFT of the diamond logo is the plant code number, the number on the RIGHT is a year date code, and the number below the logo (if present) indicates the mold number (mold identifying number, “mold cavity number” or serial number).

Examples: plant code #2 stood for the Huntington, WV plant; “3″ was the Fairmont, WV plant(number used up to 1981, later “3” was used by Muskogee, OK); “4” was Clarksburg, WV; “7″ indicated Alton, IL; “9″, the Streator, IL factory; “12″ was Gas City, IN; “14″ was the Bridgeton, NJ plant, #21 is Portland, OR; #22 is Tracy, CA; #20 is Oakland, CA; #23 is Los Angeles, CA, etc.

This info is from the Glass Bottlemarks Website: https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/owens-illinois-glass-company-bottle-container-marks/

Raypadua

Reaction score
Screwtop beat me to the punch :) I hit enter on my note and there was your post!

RCO

Reaction score
neat bottle , most of those smaller bottlers its pretty hard to find much on the company by now , sometimes there might be local history books which mention such bottlers but often pretty hard to research

I don't see the owens Illinois glass mark much here and when I do its always on American bottles

sunrunner

Reaction score
patent for this style looks like it go's back be for 1931. small bottlers kipped there stuff going until they were bought out.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora