Challenge Milk bottle

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190626_063116 (1).jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	110.2 KB 
ID:	189193
    Can anyone tell me anything about this milk bottle? I've had it for years and just dug it out of a box and am curious about it. Thanks!

Senior Member Bottle Master
    I'm up for a challenge, but could you tell us what the bottle says? It's impossible to read from the picture. Thanks.

Senior Member Bottle Finder PlaneDiggerCam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
    I'm up for a challenge, but could you tell us what the bottle says? It's impossible to read from the picture. Thanks.
    It appears to say Challenge Dairy with an embossed elk. I found info on it! It is still around today. Their website is at https://challengedairy.com/our-story

On January 2, 1911, The Challenge Cream & Butter Company opened for business in a rented storeroom in Los Angeles to sell the products of cooperative creamery associations in Riverdale and Tulare. The staff consisted of a manager, assistant manager, bookkeeper, and delivery salesman. Four people. The new company owned a wagon but had to rent a horse to pull it.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    That's a beautiful pictorial milk! Possibly the best embossing I've ever seen on a milk bottle.