Old Jar Top, Not Really Sure What It Is

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CourtCalee

Reaction score
Pictures Below. Not really sure what it is. It is cylindrical with one flattened side. The lip has a little indent/spout for pouring maybe? Stands about 2" tall. Reads G. ****her Williams St, NY
Any ideas?

Photo on 6-29-19 at 5.24 PM #2.jpg

Photo on 6-29-19 at 5.24 PM #3.jpg

Photo on 6-29-19 at 5.24 PM.jpg

Last edited:

treasurekidd

Reaction score
That's a really interesting piece. My first thought is that it's a dose glass of some sort. Is there any way you can try to read the rest of the embossing, maybe by doing a pencil and paper rub over it? I'm curious now too lol.

CourtCalee

Reaction score
That's a really interesting piece. My first thought is that it's a dose glass of some sort. Is there any way you can try to read the rest of the embossing, maybe by doing a pencil and paper rub over it? I'm curious now too lol.

A paper rub doesnt seem to work because of the embossed circle but...It clearly say G. ****HER WIILLIAMS ST N.Y.....the "N" in the name is backwards though which is interesting. I've google searched everything under the sun but without much luck.

CourtCalee

Reaction score
This website keeps changing the last name but the first four letters are "C U Next Tuesday" HER, if you catch my drift.

1ringostar

Reaction score
I use baby powder to read the embossing when the paper does not work.

BillinMo

Reaction score
There was a patent issued to G. Gunther on November 26, 1872 for a bird feeder cup, patent # 133,442. I think that's probably what this is.

GuntherPat.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora