7 up Swimsuit - Foreign Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

7up lady fan

Reaction score
Just started to collect 7 up swimsuit bottles again and was wondering if anyone knows if any 7 up swimsuit bottles pre-1953 were produced in other countries besides the US, Canada, Mexico and if so if any exist today. I noticed some that I saw on Ebay were made after the swimsuit was discontinued but so far have not seen any foreign 7 up swimsuit bottles. Appreciate if anyone knows, thanks for sure.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a good question. I haven't been able to find any pictures of one and don't remember ever seeing one, but it seems like there should be swimsuit bottles from other countries. I'm not sure how widely 7Up was sold before the 50s.

7up lady fan

Reaction score
Yeah, never seen or heard about it back in the 70's when I first started collecting these and researching on Ebay and finding nothing for sale or sold is starting to tell me that it was either very limited or not distributed overseas back in the forties. Hope I'm wrong, would love to see one from England, Germany, Russia, etc.. If not, it's only a guess but maybe the lithium in the ingredients possibly might have gotten 7up in trouble if they sold it overseas so that's my best guess.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I'm pretty certain there aren't any from Russia. I don't think Stalin wouldn't have approved of American soft drink companies operating in the USSR. The UK seems like one of the likeliest candidates but I haven't been able to find any. West Germany seems like a fairly likely option as well. I'm wondering about any of the Caribbean countries as well, but so far the only Caribbean swimsuit bottle I've been able to find is from Puerto Rico. Cuba seems like a likely candidate, they had other American brands before the revolution.

RCO

Reaction score
the Caribbean area would seem like a good place to start, geographically close the the US . and a lot of the people traveling to those places would of been US/ Canadian tourists familiar with major brands like 7 up

so it make sense that 7 up would of been sold there but I haven't personally seen older 7 up bottles from foreign countries

7up lady fan

Reaction score
Funny you mention Puerto Rico. I just picked up one from there a few days ago on Ebay. Seems reasonable now to think that 7up may have been produced in other Caribbean countries since now there's one from Puerto Rico. Gonna definitely be on the lookout for these swimsuit bottles.

7up lady fan

Reaction score
Cool story. Now will be on the lookout for 7up swmsuits pre - 1953 from the Phillipines. Interesting to see what they look like. Good find dude.

7up lady fan

Reaction score
Hey Mr. Canada Man. You said earlier that you were able to find a 7up swimsuit from Puerto Rico. So I'm attaching pics of a 7up swimsuit from Puerto Rico that I won in an auction off of Ebay recently and was wondering if you can tell me if my bottle is a fake or not. The number 8 on the bottom is not even with the number 4 and thought it looked suspicious like someone tried to squeeze it in there. The bottle looks too clean and shiny and that got me wonder. Just new to all this fake crap that I hear Ebay has sometimes and I just hope my bottle is ok. At least I didn't have to pay alot for this bottle. If true, I will be more skeptical on buying bottles off of Ebay from now on and thanks again for your help.
P.RicoBttm..jpgP.RicoBack.jpgP.RicoFront.jpg

iggyworf

Reaction score
That bottle looks legit to me. Owens Illinois bottle co did that often to bottles in the late 40's and 50's. I have a few 7up's with that kind of stamp. I need to find one like that for my collection. Good score.

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi