1936 TVA Franklin Roosevelt Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

BrotherBo

Reaction score
Thought I'd share a fresh addition to my collection. It's a 1936 TVA Franklin D. Roosevelt commemorative bottle. On the front side it has the face of President Franklin D. Roosevelt with the Presidential Seal(Eagle with shield and ribbon with E. Pluribus Unum). On the reverse it has a representation of the Norris dam in Tennessee with the date 1936 underneath and above is a hand holding a lightning bolt(probably to signify the successful harnessing of power). It really is a strikingly beautiful bottle. Wonder how many of these are still around?

Happy 4th!
:flag:

Attachments

• tvabottle14.jpg
    tvabottle14.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 285
  • tvabottle11.jpg
    tvabottle11.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 249
  • tvabottle13.jpg
    tvabottle13.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 271
  • tvabottle2.jpg
    tvabottle2.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 230
  • tvabottle8.jpg
    tvabottle8.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 262
  • tvabottle3.jpg
    tvabottle3.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 275
  • tvabottle7.jpg
    tvabottle7.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 262

sunrunner

Reaction score
a commutive for a little known dam in Tennessee ? with franklin d Roosevelt on it? I dot very many. a true artifact and work of art.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Interesting, My Mom lives on the Tenneesee River or just above it on a Mountain top in NorthEast Alabama. Her Neighbor works for the TVA. Being from Detroit I knew very little about the TVA so did some research on it many years ago when my Parents & Sister moved down there. Interesting bottle, never seen one before. Congrats on the new addition. LEON.

BrotherBo

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I grew up in in Tennessee and have fished below several of the TVA dams on many occasion so this bottle really speaks to me. I've read quite a bit about them now and everyone always mentions how heavy these bottles are, which is odd to me because this one is really very lightweight comparable to it's size.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I think maybe they meant the original older Calabash Bottles from the 1800's were heavier. Yours is a newer reproduction of the older 1800's bottles. They were not making these style of bottles any more in 1936. I found a flask from the 1930's in well or cistern (not exactly sure what it was?) it too was a newer reproduction of the older 1800's bottles therefore much lighter. I have a few of the older 1800's flask & calabash. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi