Recent Construction Finds.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I was wondering Leon - in the Chicago area after around 1973 (after I dug at the old Riverview site), it became impossible to get into a construction site and dig for bottles. Companies put fences and signs, keeping people out. So it seems like Detroit does not require construction companies to keep people out of their sites. Is that true?

I think Fences are more optional, but they are tearing down so many old abandoned houses & Buildings that probably cant supply enough fencing fast enough, This lot actually had a orange plastic fence put up around it but like usual half of it fell over so easy access. Most will have a orange plastic fence, some a real metal fence & the bigger construction sites will usually have a real metal fence & a lot of times a security guard booth & or Security cars driving around. some spots are about impossible to enter unless you can bribe a guard with money or have a good connection with someone. LEON.

Mr. Hemingray

Reaction score
That's incredible! I can only dream of such a find and being able to dig it. Bottles OR insulators!

RickNC

Reaction score
Wow look at that. Love the in-situ photos.

sandchip

Reaction score
Lord, Leon. I thought I had already commented. Sorry. Those are great finds and as Rick just said, great insitu pics!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I wish I had my Camera for 2nd time around (dang old ladies) & then I would of had even more & better in Situ Pics as things got better, slightly. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Couple more pics. LEON. P1040514.jpgP1040515.jpgP1040517.jpg

sunrunner

Reaction score
man Leon, I have dreams like that . good old Detroit !

DanielinAk

Reaction score
That’s cool as all get out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora