Recent Construction Finds.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Nola.River.Rat

Reaction score
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing! Those nosey old ladies are annoying. Glad you made it out of there alive

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

hemihampton

Reaction score
Here's one of the first bottles I found. Was laying there in dirt pile with one other bottle & some broken shards from being Guiliatined with heavy equipment. At first I'm wiping the dirt off expecting another common Detroit Quart Crown top but I say hmmm, this one aint looking familiar, kept wiping & I say who the Hell is Frank Phillips? Then I see the Baltimore Maryland & I say ohhhhhhh, no wonder it don't sound familiar. Was kinda of a surprise, long way from home being found in a Detroit back Alley. It seems to have a light SCA purple look to it. LEON. P1040789.jpgP1040797.jpgP1040800.jpg

hemihampton

Reaction score
Not a lot of competition in Detroit. Lots of people I know are afraid to venture into Detroit, with it's reputation people think they will be car jacked, robbed, mugged, killed. Don't bother me. Plus now I work in Detroit next to the infamous Packard Plant A.K.A Worlds biggest eyesore so get to see lots of demo houses & buildings. Ends up a PanHandler that panhandles money from me at the KFC Resturant drive through on Gration & Mt. Elliot that I go to on my Lunch Break was just found Dead/murdered in a nearby abandoned house. Seen Her pic on news & say I know Her. Then they caught the serial Killer that killed Her & about 3 other girls soon after. And about another 5 girls found dead recently from some other serial killer they did not catch yet. And one of the bodies found behind a old abandoned house that I was just nearby the week before pulling out old Mason jars from under it's front Porch. Not the best neighborhood. LEON.

historic-antiques

Reaction score
Wow!!!! Great find Leon!!! Reminds me of the great pre-1900 Chicago dump found under the old Riverview Amusement Park!! Spent 4 years seeing sights like those in your photos, of old bottles sticking out of the walls. That dump was about 8-10 feet deep, loaded with 1860-1900 bottles. Now it's under a shopping center (DeVry Institute, Jewel food store, etc.). But, you can still see the dump walls, lining the north branch of the Chicago River, which borders one side of the old and big dump!!

Congrats Leon!!! Keep digging if you can!!!

historic-antiques

Reaction score
I was wondering Leon - in the Chicago area after around 1973 (after I dug at the old Riverview site), it became impossible to get into a construction site and dig for bottles. Companies put fences and signs, keeping people out. So it seems like Detroit does not require construction companies to keep people out of their sites. Is that true?

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi