Base script Coca Cola

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Screwtop

Reaction score
I love these things. This one's from Birmingham Alabama.

DSC_0281.jpg

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Nice new addition to your collection. Lots of bottles on Ebay go without bids or only get one bid anymore. I want to say it's a buyer's market but shipping fees are painful!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice new addition to your collection. Lots of bottles on Ebay go without bids or only get one bid anymore. I want to say it's a buyer's market but shipping fees are painful!
Yeah I've noticed that the prices have come down on a lot of Canadian bottles on Ebay as well, but the shipping prices (often something like $25 for one bottle) make it unreasonable. Meanwhile the prices at bottle shows have been skyrocketing for some reason.

hemihampton

Reaction score
It's hard to sell a $5 or $10 bottle on ebay when the seller then wants $15 to ship. LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Leon, didn't they supposedly crack down on that once? (Gouging on shipping?).

Yeah, but that's totally different. thats was when say somebody had a $20 item for sale. They would then say $1.00 for item but $19.00 to ship. That way they only had to pay ebay a % of the $1.00. Now ebay eliminated that buy charging you a % on shipping fees. Ebay also pretty much eliminated Reserves by charging you a fortune or huge amount to use a Reserve. LEON.

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
Yeah, but that's totally different. thats was when say somebody had a $20 item for sale. They would then say $1.00 for item but $19.00 to ship. That way they only had to pay ebay a % of the $1.00. Now ebay eliminated that buy charging you a % on shipping fees. Ebay also pretty much eliminated Reserves by charging you a fortune or huge amount to use a Reserve. LEON.

10-4 Thanx for the clarification.

hemihampton

Reaction score
I recently shipped/mailed a heavy bottle to San Diego California from Detroit. A long ways. Buyer hurry up & paid before I could send invoice. Description said wait for invoice before you pay, he didn't listen. paid within 1 minute after Auction. Paid $14 shipping. it actually cost me $19.00 to ship. When I told buyer he shorted me $5.00 on shipping he blew a major gasket. maybe if it was a buck or so I wouldn't have said anything but $5 a lot to get shorted on shipping. SO, Sometimes a high shipping price on certain bottles certain long distances are legit. I always refund any extra paid on shipping. LEON.

P.S. Sorry foir the Hijack.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi