Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Junior Member New Bottler
    And they would not let them stop Saturday delivery to save some money. Now they charge rates on not only the weight, but also the size of the box. The volume it takes up in the truck.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hemihampton View Post
    I recently shipped/mailed a heavy bottle to San Diego California from Detroit. A long ways. Buyer hurry up & paid before I could send invoice. Description said wait for invoice before you pay, he didn't listen. paid within 1 minute after Auction. Paid $14 shipping. it actually cost me $19.00 to ship. When I told buyer he shorted me $5.00 on shipping he blew a major gasket. maybe if it was a buck or so I wouldn't have said anything but $5 a lot to get shorted on shipping. SO, Sometimes a high shipping price on certain bottles certain long distances are legit. I always refund any extra paid on shipping. LEON.

P.S. Sorry foir the Hijack.
    Oh yeah I don't doubt that a lot of these high shipping prices are legit. At least up here the cost to ship anything has gotten massively high.

Senior Member Bottle Master Screwtop's Avatar
    Hmm...I wonder if I can hijack my own post...

Since y'all are talking about shipping, how's about going to see a few of my bottles for sale in the for sale section? Low shipping, plus I have goodies like Sher-A-Coca, Mugbased Dayton soda, some beer bottles, and coming soon, a killer hutch. Yes? No?

Sorry, had to try.

In all my perplexity's and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
    - Robert E. Lee

Senior Member Bottle Master sandchip's Avatar
    Hey Rusty, I don't know if this will be further hijacking or getting things back on track, but here's my best SS Coke which is also base embossed. You may've already seen it in another thread but here it is anyway. Pretty danged rare from what I've been told by the powers that be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abc coke.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	28.3 KB 
ID:	189466 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abc coke1.jpg 
Size:	29.7 KB 
ID:	189467 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	abc coke2.jpg 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	189468

Senior Member Bottle Master Screwtop's Avatar
    Sand, your Cokes are amazing! Please hijack some more! lol
    In all my perplexity's and distresses, the Bible has never failed to give me light and strength.
    - Robert E. Lee

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    Sandchip, thats a nice looking Coke, But Porters Coke Book calls it common? is there 2 different Amercus Georgia Cokes. What about that one Coke from Electric Lighting or something like that in Georgia? Do you have one of thgose? LEON.

Senior Member Bottle Finder
    Use USPS flat rate boxes whenever possible. They eliminate a lot of guesswork, stress, and headaches and you don't get hit with an unforeseen high cost to ship something.

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    Dang, I wish I would of thought of that then. LEON.

Senior Member Bottle Master
    it seems all the maigre soda company's had bottlers in Birmingham . and a lot copy cat cola brans.