Odd bottle I found no clue what it used to hold...any ideas?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GingeredBiscuit

Reaction score
Hi there...new to the forum and wondered if anyone would have any idea what this bottle once held that I found recently while digging. Unfortunately it's broken at the bottom. bottle.jpg

bottlecrazy

Reaction score
Olive oil. Nice age to it. Hopefully you're finding some other stuff along with it. Good luck!

hemihampton

Reaction score
I think some of those toilet water bottles are shaped like this or similar to this also. LEON.

GingeredBiscuit

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'll do a little research and see if I can find either an olive oil or toilet water one that matches. Unfortunately most of the things found in this area were burned and tossed on a hill so are broken. My friend and I did find a few unbroken small pharmacists bottles and unmarked small cork tops that I believe were probably medicine bottles. One small bottle that was sadly in a melty state still had the glass stopper inside it when I found it. Other than that there are tons of transferware ironstone shards, a couple bisque doll heads and buttons. They all date to the late 1800's-early 1900's. There was one whole brown bottle that I believe was a whisky bottle but I don't think it's of any value.

sandchip

Reaction score
You might try digging deeper into the hillside. There may be older, unburnt stuff farther in. Best of luck.

GingeredBiscuit

Reaction score
You might try digging deeper into the hillside. There may be older, unburnt stuff farther in. Best of luck.
Thanks! We have started digging a bit deeper and have come across some things that seemed to have at least managed to survive unscathed but it seems only the very small bottles are intact. I plan on going this weekend again and hopefully find more things. I found this little glass item and not sure what it is either. I thought maybe a salt shaker but it seems too large. It's heavy glass and almost 3" tall.

Edit....I think this glass with the threaded top may have been for condiments.

IMG_8121.jpg

I also found several of what I'm going to guess was a bud vase? I found mainly bottoms of it in various spots of the dump. This was the most intact piece I found. I'm not sure what to call. this design so I can look do a search on it. Its about the width as the other glass item above I found.

IMG_8120.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi