Is this Bott's beer bottle really from 1893 (Chicago Worlds Fair on label)?

Not sure if this is the correct area, but looking for some assistance with this old bottle. Bott's Pure Malt Stout, Port Hope Canada.

Was only able to find one other picture through Google but didn't have the 1893 label on there. I fell into a bit of a rabbit hole researching 1893 Worlds Fair beer awards, so thought I might as well join a bottle forum to see if any input. What do you think, is it really from that era? Thanks!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190713_154042.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	189412Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190713_154030.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	59.4 KB 
ID:	189413

Senior Member Bottle Master
    I would tend to think that that bottle is genuine...here's an 1896 ad that specifically mentions the 1893 World's Fair:

https://books.google.com/books?id=5f...20fair&f=false

Wow, that's really interesting. Maybe my "beer" assumption wasn't entirely accurate. Thanks for the help!

That's a really nice bottle! I imagine it can't be that common. 1890s definitely looks like the right time frame, probably not from exactly 1893 though as they would have advertised the award for years after (you can still sometimes find products advertising the awards they won in the late 19th century). I've always wondered how those awards worked, there seem to have been an awful lot of them awarded and even fairly small and obscure local companies claimed to have won them at international fairs.

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    I'd say it dates from possibly 1893 to possibly another 10 or 20 years after that. As Canadian bottles said they could have said that on there bottles for years. LEON.

The bottle form is certainly from 1880s up into early 1900s.

I've not seen beer put up in that bottle type before. I've mostly seen labeled spring waters.

Jim G

So if it's really that old, is there anything recommended to help "preserve" the label or jut leave as-is? (All the other bottles I've come across are newer and don't have paper labels).

Those labels have lasted for over 100 years and will continue to last. You're good. nothing to be done except enjoy them.

jim G

I've seen people who take sheets of Mylar plastic and cut pieces big enough to cover the labels, then wrap them around the bottle and tape the ends together on the back to make a protective sleeve. Seems to work pretty well.

Junior Member New Bottler
    I am looking at the lip and I have dug up dozens of bottles with that exact form from 1890's dumps in various sizes and shades of green.