07-18-2019, 07:30 PM #1
Pontils: Labeled or Embossed: For Sale
I am downsizing my bottle collection further (down to about 10 bottles once this is over). Currently I am offering the following bottles up for sale here before I put them on eBay.
Please, send me a private message for more details, photos, and to offer a price.
Pay-Pal or M.O. accepted.
1. C. 1850s Bush, Gale, & Robinson New York City druggist labeled pontil castor oil.
2. C. 1845 Great American Remedy labeled pontil
Notes: Label repaired and coated for preservation (previous owner, Digger Dave, says it was like that when he got it too).
3. Loree's Ohio Liniment. Pontiled. C. 1846-1850. Lebanon, Ohio.
Note: Top is damaged.
4. C. 1840s Dr. Baker's Pain Panacea. Pontiled.
Note: Embossing is now highlighted with painter's marker. Can be easily removed.
5. Labeled and embossed C. 1850s Newkerk liniment. Pontiled. Hurley, New York.
Note: Label cleaned by me. Embossing is only the letter "M" on the back in serifed font.
6. C. 1845 Essence of Life (opium) label only.
Note: No pontil. Label (from 1844-1845) is not likely original to bottle. Label is old stock on old bottle. Bottle likely c. 1890s.
7. Dr. McLane's American Worm Specific. C. 1840s. Pontil only.
Note: Interior haze.
Last edited by Robby Raccoon; 07-18-2019 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Amendment.