A half pint milk, creamer, and Koumyss?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
I just added these bottles to my collection from bottle shows and eBay. They are all from Branford Farms Groton, Conn. On the left is a half pint milk, in the center is a 2 oz creamer, and the one on the right is a Koumyss? Does anyone know what this is? Over all I love this grouping of dairy bottles.

20190722_122929.jpg

Thanks for viewing,
PlaneDiggerCam

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That one on the right is extremely unusual. It appears in every way except the embossing to be a citrate of magnesia bottle. These would often have the names of local druggists embossed on them but I've never heard of one with a dairy farm's embossing. I had to look up koumyss and apparently it's "The fermented milk of a mare or camel, used as a beverage by certain peoples of Western and Central Asia." I imagine that's a pretty unusual find in the States!

macjxl

Reaction score
Wow what a neat group of unusual bottles! All from near my area! I even have some Jackson & Co bottles .... But! those colors and the differing lip styles! wow NICE!
~Fred
Would you care to post pictures of your Jackson & Co bottles?

treeguyfred

Reaction score
@macjxl Here are a couple of my dug Jackson & Co. beer bottles from Yonkers, NY with motif of hops in center.
Enjoy,
~Fred

Attachments

• IMG_4892.JPG
    IMG_4892.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 317
Last edited:

macjxl

Reaction score
Wow that is impressive, I didn't know there were that many other companies that made Koumyss, let alone colored bottles! Beutiful colection!
Thank you PlaneDiggerCam. I have an amber Jackson variation on its way in the post. I'll upload a picture when it arrives. Postal service is very slow at the moment.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi