Partial makers mark

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
IMG_20190803_210851_309.jpg

It did it again....I had a whole question thing with description and then lost it when i loaded the pic.

Oh well, just curious about this makers mark. Can anyone tell me who it is? Partial of a weight scale with the number 8 centered above it.

Last edited:

sandchip

Reaction score
  • Scales (embossed image showing a pair of weighing scales)…………. Trademark used by McKesson & Robbins, a pharmaceutical / drug company. Originally Olcott & McKesson of New York City, founded in 1833. Business name was changed to McKesson & Robbins in 1853. Other name changes/mergers over the years, currently (2017) known as McKesson Corporation. Many bottles and jars with this design on the bottom seem to be products of Owens-Illinois Glass Company. Often seen in bright emerald green or “Seven-Up green” glass. I don’t have a timeline when this mark was used on containers, but most of the examples I’ve come across seem to be from the 1930s-1960s era.

From http://www.glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks-5/

Lori Lyons

Reaction score
Oh thank you. This one was driving me insane out of curiosity. I thought squibb at first, but then that didnt match up. Using broken pieces in a craft project and saw it. Time line is spot on for the junk pile.
Thanks again.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi