Zero, Arctic and Pelissier WINNIPEG, MB bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Raypadua

Reaction score
Hi there, I just picked up some WINNIPEG bottles that I’ve been trying to find for awhile.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

bottle-bud

Reaction score
Good for you! Its always nice to add bottles you've been looking for. I still have quite a few on my wish list.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Nice ones! Only one of these that I can remember seeing before is the Zero. By the way, do you know what the story is behind that long anti-theft warning on Winnipeg bottles of that era? Was there some municipal regulation requiring it?

Raypadua

Reaction score
Thanks Bottle-Bud. I do have a wish list for a few of the extremely hard to find aerated water and Hutchinson Winnipeg bottles but I'm definitely happy with these...for now :)

I'll start digging CB and see if I can find an answer about the wordy bottles that we had at the turn of the century. Unless, someone here can pipe in and share their knowledge!

RCO

Reaction score
I've seen most of those bottles before online even though I'm not from Manitoba . don't think the acl arctic would be easy to find , would imagine less survived than the embossed bottle

Raypadua

Reaction score
Yes, this Arctic ACL is different from other Arctic ones I have seen. The person I bought had bottles from said the embossed Arctic is from 1908. I’ll dig up the history on this a little more.

RCO

Reaction score
Yes, this Arctic ACL is different from other Arctic ones I have seen. The person I bought had bottles from said the embossed Arctic is from 1908. I’ll dig up the history on this a little more.

the embossed arctic is definitely not from 1908 , that style wasn't used until the 20's / 30's , my guess would be its from the 40's era , could of even been using it into the early 50's , but for sure not from 1908
(I have a huge collection of art deco embossed bottles from Ontario and can say for sure that the clear embossed style was not used until the 20's and 30's era , never seen one that early )

the pelissier bottle is likely from 1900's -1910's though , its very old for sure

sandchip

Reaction score
Don't know much about them, being from "down under", but I like 'em!

Raypadua

Reaction score
Thanks RCO! I also thought the look would fit the 20’s/30’s but didn’t Want to argue as she gave me a crazy good deal on everything I purchased. She says she has lots more in her out buildings... can’t wait!!!

dab46

Reaction score
I have some winnipeg bottles I have picked up coming to canada. send me a Email with phone #. I am coming up to visit relatives 1st week of sept. dickboosted@centurytel.net

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora