Nelson's Bottling Works. Ltd. Vancouver BC

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Canadacan

Reaction score
Nelson Bottling Works Ltd. Vancouver, B.C.
This is a sign I got a few years ago, the story goes that the fella that had them (about 100 I was told) cut them to make two signs and sold them off, I was fortunate to get both pieces at the same time!
Nelson's was started about 1930 and ended around 1950. To this day I have not seen that exact label.
I'm pretty sure the Pacific Dry name came into use shortly after. The green 30oz quart I have is pretty rare to find with a label intact and the crown as well, I'm not sure I have posted this bottle here before.
Also pictured is the stoneware ginger beer and another Pacific Dry label I believe was used prior to my label...those are not my items. I did note that the ginger beer bottle has the same shield logo as my 30oz green....it is possible my label is the older than the yellow one with the ships, or that stoneware is later 40's.
I also have included a paper clipping from The Province dated Sept. 2 1930...and it indicates the product was awarded a medal in Brussels for the World Exhibition in 1906, and this was now bottled here by Nelson's.
I never did any further research to see if they just ceased operations or were absorbed by one of the other local bottlers.

20190821_140319.jpg

Nelsons ginger ale- The Province, 02 Sep 1930, Tue, Page 7 .jpg

Pacific Dry- ginger ale.jpg

20190821_135927.jpg

20190814_011310.jpg

20190821_134019.jpg

Pacific Dry-root beer.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That sign is wonderful, real shame that it was cut up like that. I wonder if any have survived intact. Is it enamel or tin? I'm pretty sure you haven't posted that Pacific Dry paper label before either, I've never seen that one before. Never seen the caps either that I can remember. I still don't have a single bottle from this company actually, I think the deco sodas aren't too hard to find but never came across one.

Canadacan

Reaction score
That sign is wonderful, real shame that it was cut up like that. I wonder if any have survived intact. Is it enamel or tin? I'm pretty sure you haven't posted that Pacific Dry paper label before either, I've never seen that one before. Never seen the caps either that I can remember. I still don't have a single bottle from this company actually, I think the deco sodas aren't too hard to find but never came across one.
Thanks..I know so crazy that that guy did that! I've never seen one intact, I suspect they were NOS and he figured he'd make more money this way. I have seen two other bottle parts of the sign and one ship portion for sale in the past. It's a tin sign from STMS.
Yes that Pacific deco is relatively easy to come by, this one is dated 1944.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora