Member New Bottler

Staten Island Brewery

Behind the former site of the George Bechtel Brewery, there were ruins of houses and out buildings dating back to the mid 1800's to the early 1900's. I was checking out the area ,when I found a collapsed greenhouse buried under a pile of ivy. Mixed in with the rotting wood and panes of broken glass there were many, many clay flower pots broken and whole, of varying sizes . There was also a number of broken and whole Bechtel Beer bottles . I recovered about 6 intact along with 3 Delluc's "eau Angelique " Tooth Wash bottles. Why are the Mouth Wash and beer bottles together? With a little imagination ,I can see some guy ,after a hard day, going to tend to his plants , knocking down a few beers, followed up with a brief Tooth Wash rinse ,before heading home to the wife. Funny thing is the Tooth Wash most likely had a higher alcohol content then the beer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5d84cb339af53fa192541145d44fb66e--staten-island-america-images George Bechtel brewery.jpg   IMG_1577 (1).JPG  

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    That's a Cool looking Bottle. Probably dating from 1894-1907. Congrats. LEON.