Mexican Coke and Sprite Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Today at the grocery store I noticed they were selling singles and 4-packs of glass Coke and Sprite bottles. And the wording on them is in Spanish. I wasn't sure what to make of that. I bought a Sprite out of curiosity and went home to find out more info about this online. It turns out the difference is that Mexican Coke and Sprite has pure cane sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup. Apparently there is a taste difference too. The best thing about the Sprite bottle is the vintage look. It has the debossed dot design that the ones in the 70's had.
DSCN1882.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've seen those here as well, sometimes from Mexico and sometimes from India. I've also seen Coke with cane sugar in glass bottles produced for the domestic market, including some with different flavours. I've seen quite a few other flavours in those imported glass bottles as well, not sure they've all got actual cane sugar in them, the ones I've had didn't taste like it to me. Regardless it's nice to be able to drink soda from a glass bottle these days.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
I've seen those here as well, sometimes from Mexico and sometimes from India. I've also seen Coke with cane sugar in glass bottles produced for the domestic market, including some with different flavours. I've seen quite a few other flavours in those imported glass bottles as well, not sure they've all got actual cane sugar in them, the ones I've had didn't taste like it to me. Regardless it's nice to be able to drink soda from a glass bottle these days.
I agree, it really does have a different taste than plastic or metal packaging. Glass seems to be making a slight comeback with the pushback against plastic things.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I've seen the retro-style Fanta up here too, not sure I've ever seen Barq's in glass. There are all sorts of import-only brands we can get in glass up here too, I've tried some but so far haven't found any that really stand out to me. We can also get standard Pepsi, Coke, Sprite, and Canada Dry in glass bottles but they cost a lot more than the cans. At that point I'd rather buy one of the local brands like Bull's Head, it's better soda anyway.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora