What is this beautiful glass piece?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Today while out on a bottle adventure I found something unexpected. Whatever it is I know it has to be good. It was in an area with bottles in the 1900-1950 range, if that helps. Diameter is 2 3/4" at the widest point. To me it looks like a light lens for a vintage car but I could be wrong. What does everyone else think?
DSCN1916.jpgDSCN1917.jpg

sandchip

Reaction score
Is the other end open? Could use a couple more pictures from other angles but looks like a drinking tumbler from what I'm seeing?

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Yes the other end is open, sorry about that. I tried to search in google images and nothing similar came up. It could be a tumbler but would be a very small one. It might hold six ounces at best.

Bucket

Reaction score
It looks like a flower frog to me, but I could be wrong. They're great for displaying marbles!

Brewster113

Reaction score
Looks to me like a juice glass or tumbler. It is too long for a vehicle light and has no holes for a flower frog. Sometimes the easiest answer is the right one.
Bruce

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys. I'll go with that. It's an ornate tumbler. I measured and it only holds 5 ounces so maybe it was for alcoholic or mixed drinks.

sandchip

Reaction score
For some reason, it reminds me of the tumblers seen in some hotels/motels.

embe

Reaction score
I would have expected a bit more wear on those bottom bumps if it saw much use as a tumbler, but who knows. My first thought was a lens or some type of reflector

jc_john1

Reaction score
100 percent flower frog for the bottom of a vase to help the flowers stay in their arrangement. Search 'glass flower frog' - images on any search engine ... thousands of them out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora