A bunch of different bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

wcubed

Reaction score
Three unmarked bottles. The green one I think is a three piece mold, the blue one I think has a very faint pontil mark on the bottom.

1022192115.jpg

Last edited:

wcubed

Reaction score
I don't see the photos either. I think they didn't upload correctly. This site has a lot of tech issues that should have been resolved long ago. It makes new users not want to stay around very long.

I reloaded them.

The first few pictures were uploaded from the image gallery on my phone. Then I figured out I could directly load the images to the site from the camera feature. Those are the ones that didn't work properly.

wcubed

Reaction score
One large, and one tiny, Cusenier bottle.
1023191901.jpg

wcubed

Reaction score
Bayview Bottling Co, So. Boston and a Bromo-Seltzer, Emerson Drug Co

1023191945.jpg

wcubed

Reaction score
A nice olive (?) green Hunyadi Janos Saxlehners Bitterquelle bottle with a twist.

It was repurposed with an H W Warner Drug Co, Albany NY label.
1023191953.jpg
1023191953a.jpg
1023191954.jpg

wcubed

Reaction score
J Bourne and Son
Denby Potteries
Near Derby (England)

Pottery Ink Bottle

Repurposed with a Writing Fluid label by Thaddeus David's & Co, New York?

1023192017.jpg
1023192001a.jpg
1023192016.jpg

wcubed

Reaction score
Neuer Brunnen Selser Tafel Wasser clay bottle

That's a mouthful. lol

1023192017a.jpg
1023192018a.jpg

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I like that Bitterquelle bottle with the druggist label, and it's a poison label too! I've got a couple like that too, I think it was a fairly common practice, though I think this is the first I've seen that was done for poison. They were usually more careful about that. All the other "repurposed" bottles with poison labels I've seen have been NOS labels recently stuck on the bottles, but yours looks legit.
The ink bottle probably isn't repurposed, these were sold wholesale to all sorts of different companies and had the potter's name debossed into them. I don't think repurposing often happened for that kind of commercial product, I've only ever seen it done by local druggists and soda bottlers.

wcubed

Reaction score
I like that Bitterquelle bottle with the druggist label, and it's a poison label too! I've got a couple like that too, I think it was a fairly common practice, though I think this is the first I've seen that was done for poison. They were usually more careful about that. All the other "repurposed" bottles with poison labels I've seen have been NOS labels recently stuck on the bottles, but yours looks legit.

I didn't even make the connection that it is a "poison" label. I didn't realize a caution label counted the same as a poison label. I did notice that the label says Wood Alcohol at the top. It's definitely legit, as these bottles were in the possession of my grandmother long before this type of fakery was a thing.

The ink bottle probably isn't repurposed, these were sold wholesale to all sorts of different companies and had the potter's name debossed into them. I don't think repurposing often happened for that kind of commercial product, I've only ever seen it done by local druggists and soda bottlers.

Ok, that makes sense, which is why I questioned myself when I said repurposed.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger