First time in 4 years

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

peejrey

Reaction score
It’s been a while.
I was surprised to find that chrome still had my login details.
I was 14 when I started collecting glass, but I had a mild interest well back into my single digits starting out with my grandparents Avon bottles. The colors, shapes, and smells (obviously) had me intrigued.
4 years later we were having our field line replaced, and the backhoe hit something digging down. I pulled out a late 30s Dr Pepper 10,2,4. I was in love with the embossing and weight of the glass, and thus my collection started from a pre-ACL pop bottle with nothing but broken glass above the neck.
i joined this site back in the days of Roger, he was a cool guy, started this pretty cool website too. For 4 years my life revolved around digging, hunting, collecting, and researching. It helped me through the toughest and saddest portion of my life thus far. The people here were amazing. Between Charlie, Jim, and Mike I was able to learn a lot from the right people. (You know who you are if you were mentioned by name.)
I still have yet to step foot in a privy, or pull a Warner’s Safe Cure from a river bank, but I have grown as an adult with complete strangers who offered me their wisdom, and help whenever they could. I will always be a proud member.

That’s what happened to be on my mind at the creation of this post.

I did actually find something.

Went to a Flea Market last month (before I was laid off at Spring Hill Assembly (UAW)).
I went with a good friend of mine who collects knives and swords. He works for Tenneco whom oddly make the parts I work with.
he didn’t find anything except the $40 bucks I have him.

I got the following:
Golden Sun-drop Cola - The ACL was in great condition and cleaned up beautifully.
Chero-Cola - My previous version is an ACL, so this is an upgrade.
Pepsi Cola - I Promise it’s not a pattern of just pop. Anybody who knows me knows I’m a sucker for anything with a top, label, and original contents.
ODONTOLINE Local Anesthetic - Mold seam appears to be 1880 or so, but it’s hard to tell.
Atlas Mason’s Patent - another short story below.

The Atlas Mason.
it was this Jar that I had an epiphany, I no longer care about the momentary value. This jar changed my whole mindset on collecting. I was finally able to fully “get” the beauty of glass. I’ll have more on this breakthrough in coming weeks.

Attachments

• 6B3602FA-C14C-46D0-81BD-F92184FA724E.jpg
    6B3602FA-C14C-46D0-81BD-F92184FA724E.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 261
  • DCAECB69-7CF9-4DDF-AAD9-0C2902DA68D0.jpg
    DCAECB69-7CF9-4DDF-AAD9-0C2902DA68D0.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 255
  • FDF4D677-70F1-468B-AB7E-E2762F7264CA.jpg
    FDF4D677-70F1-468B-AB7E-E2762F7264CA.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 254

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Glad you came back. I wasn't here before so I didn't know you then. You are right, glass is beautiful. I hope you find many more nice bottles like those ones in your future adventures.

SoCal_bottle

Reaction score
Awesome man!
I am a storm chaser as well man..weather nut.
Have a weather station atop my chimney..Lol.
Let me know if you ever want to do some chasing ;-)
Dave

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora