Help identifying this Root Coca Cola Bottle

I am waiting on more pictures, but my son found this bottle this morning. Its in perfect condition. Hoping someone may know about his bottle. I can get whatever photo you may need.

Bottle has ROOT on the side, with
    before it/left and 29 after it/right. It has 4 stars around the top. It is a 9oz bottle. Has Texarkana Texas on the bottom.

He has been fishing all the creeks in Texarkana Texas and has found more than a few bottle dumps. A ton came out this spot, a few identified from the early 30's. Only one like this I have ever seen, and cant find it anywhere. Hope you guys can help.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image000000.jpg  
    Last edited by samdbottleman; 10-28-2019 at 07:49 PM. Reason: spelliing.

Additional Photos. That's not a crack, just uncleaned.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20191028_134516.jpeg   20191028_134534.jpeg   20191028_140701.jpeg   20191028_135514.jpeg   image0.jpg  

Last edited by samdbottleman; 10-28-2019 at 03:39 PM.

Last photo I have
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20191028_135514.jpeg  

No one knows huh? Any idea who to ask?

Senior Member Bottle Master hemihampton's Avatar
    I think you may have to wait more then 3 hours for a answer. What is it you want to know? I can tell you it did not contain Coke or Coca Cola. It could of contained anything but Coke. There are probably hundreds & hundreds, maybe thousands of different bottles like these from different towns that say By Coca Cola Bottling co. ect. I'm going to guess a 1929 Art Deco Bottle. I'm sure somebody in here has gotta have a better answer then I do? SodapopBob is the guy to ask. Also, Soda section may be more appropriate for this question. LEON.
    Last edited by hemihampton; 10-28-2019 at 11:29 PM.

Senior Member Bottle Master Robby Raccoon's Avatar
    Yes, Root put the year on their moulds. I think they combined with another glass company that year though their moulds and name were used till around 1931.
    It is an art deco flavor bottle. Coke bottled more than just Coke. This is for one of their other products, the flavor usually listed on the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby Raccoon View Post
    Yes, Root put the year on their moulds. I think they combined with another glass company that year though their moulds and name were used till around 1931.
    It is an art deco flavor bottle. Coke bottled more than just Coke. This is for one of their other products, the flavor usually listed on the cap.
    This.. A good rule of thumb is that when you see Coca Cola Bottling Co in block letters it was not Coke. May have been soda water, another flavor, etc but the bottles they used for Coca Cola has the name in the familiar script style of lettering they still use today. With a few exceptions these flavor bottles don't have nearly the value as one that were used for Coca Cola.

Not familier with this issue, but base design is CRACKLE glass, with ice melt over it. The astonishing form and function makes it a superior design. --Mike Elling in Tennessee

Senior Member Bottle Finder
    The design looks like underground roots from a tree, perhaps a play on their Root namesake. Interesting pattern.