Davern Ginger Ale co - Cobourg Ontario bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RCO

Reaction score
seem to have forgot to post this bottle , actually found it this spring at the Toronto bottle show , for some reason I wanted a bottle from Cobourg Ontario and had a hard time finding one . its sort of a neat little town on lake Ontario , had been there before but never had a bottle from the town.

this bottle is fairly large its 10 oz , for " the Davern Ginger Ale co - Cobourg " , not sure of the exact age but its listed as operating from 1939-1952

there is also a small 7 oz green / acl bottle from this same bottler , its fairly uncommon but have seen it before .

daverngingerale10oz.jpgdaverngingerale10oz1.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
That's a nice bottle, never seen it before. It looks a bit early for 1939, though I guess that could be on the tail end of when that style of bottle was in use.

RCO

Reaction score
That's a nice bottle, never seen it before. It looks a bit early for 1939, though I guess that could be on the tail end of when that style of bottle was in use.

I'm pretty sure that's when they operated based on what I know about the company , they also had an acl bottle , have a picture of one , only seen 2 , this one was way over priced and the other I saw was in an antique store and label faded and also over priced . but I don't think any of there bottles are that easy to find

JKL

Reaction score
I love that bottle.
Don't have one currently but now on the gotta have list!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Oh yeah that's a nice ACL, I can see why it was expensive. Looks like a pretty early one too, late 30s or early 40s would be my guess, so right from the earliest days of the company.

RCO

Reaction score
I love that bottle.
Don't have one currently but now on the gotta have list!

I don't think its easy to find , the store that had the damaged one is now gone and I don't know what happened to the bottle

in general I don't find bottles from Cobourg are easy to find , you think there'd be some around but there doesn't seem to be much around

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi