Battle of the Common Cobalts: Vick's vs. Bromo

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
I have always wondered which cobalt is most commonly found. For me I tend to find more Vick's cobalt bottles than
Bromo Seltzer bottles in my area (although not by much :p). Feel Free to reply which Cobalt you find more of: Vick's or Bromo. It would be interesting to see which Common Cobalt is found the most among us members. You can also add milk of magnesia or other common cobalt's.

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
For me it's Vick's first, then Milk of Magnesia, then Bromos. The Bromos aren't nearly as common up here, although it's not like they're rare or anything.

sandchip

Reaction score
Probably MoM, then Vicks (probably a toss-up) then Bromo-Seltzer. In fact, I only recall finding one of the smallest size Bromos in 45 years of looking and it was just under the grass in my front yard next to a tree.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Vick's then Emerson Bromo, and then Milk of Magnesia is a distant third. Vick's are everywhere and almost never broken because they are so small. I don't even bother with them. I keep Emerson Bromos and Milk of Magnesia's. Always good to have some extras to sell.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora