Three nteresting bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottles_inc

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I was wondering if anyone has any information on these bottles I dug up.

rot.jpg

rot2.jpg

rot4.jpg

This one I'm more asking if anyone's ever seen. I can't find any info on Charles and Co anywhere, but I have seen a cylindrical whiskey bottle bearing their name for sale online. I haven't been able to find this exact bottle, however. Has anyone ever seen this bottle somewhere, for sale or in a collection?

rot5.jpg

Same sort of deal for this one. Plenty on the Honest Measure whiskey company around, but I can only find smaller pint sized bottles online. Anyone ever see a bigger Honest Measure like this before?

rot3.jpg

This next one's the real mystery. I can find absolutely no trace of this thing online or otherwise. It looks like a beverage bottle, but I can't find a drink called Lactone existing ever, let alone in this bottle. No maker's marks on it. Lactone is a semi obscure chemical used for artificial flavoring, so maybe it's a utility/chemical bottle, but it looks like a beverage bottle, and has a top more reminiscent of something someone would drink from, rather than a bottle for storage. Sick bottle regardless. Peep the thickness on the base. I wish I had a better picture of the embossing and a picture of the base to share, but I'm currently away from home.

Thanks for reading. Sorry if my formatting is jank; this is my first post here. Hoping one of you have seen a Lactone bottle before!

Attachments

• 20190729_221640.jpg
    20190729_221640.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 415
  • 20190729_234636.jpg
    20190729_234636.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 429

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow, an American blob top bowling pin bottle! That's not something I've ever seen before. I'm guessing that it's some sort of soda, but Lactone is a pretty weird name for one. Can't help you on the others I'm afraid, the Charles & Co. looks a bit like a bitters but I have no idea if that's what it actually is.

GLASSHOPPER55

Reaction score
I agree on the Charles & Co. looking like a Bitters. Maybe a chemical bottle also. That Lactone is really interesting...and cool! Wish I knew more.

bottles_inc

Reaction score
I always check Ebay first when I need to research a bottle. A Charles and Company recently sold on there. They made whiskey and / or bitters. I'm not sure about the other bottles.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/blown-CHAR...=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That's one of the cylindrical Charles & Co whiskeys I referred to seeing online in my original post. I was hoping someone had some more info on the company or had seen my particular bottle before

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Panama Canal digger