7up 'Odd Logo"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jimlahman

Reaction score
This logo was only for two years and was gone - 77 & 78 US test market somewhere. I only know of 1 can that exists and that's the photo from the old USA Soda website, but I've never seen on in person or another photo, maybe someday. I have the 16oz full and the torpedo 1 liter, but I've never seen the 1 liter tall one. Thanks for the pictures.

I do have a torpedo 1 liter I'd sell that the previous owner drilled a 1/4" hole in and made it into a lamp (unbelievable), I bought it but told them to keep all the lamp parts. I also have a 16oz on eBay I'm surprised hasn't had much interest.

If we're displaying odd 7up logos here's mine. If anyone has info about either, please post.
View attachment 191378 7uplogos.jpg
Thanks!

Last edited:

iggyworf

Reaction score
Jimlaman, I have 3 of those 'clear' 7up shield logo bottles. All from the same bottle maker and yr, 1968 I think. And I have those 12 oz 'vertical' logo ones with the circle on the neck both in red and white. But the 16oz & 10oz do not have the circle. Not sure why on these ones.

Photon440

Reaction score
Cool bottles iggy. Never seen that style before. Something new to keep an eye out for!
Those 1.5 litre glass bottles (the dot logo) were terrible. I'm surprised any lasted this long, they were going off like bombs in the bottling plant, all shift long at Gray Beverage when I worked there. When they came out (1977 if I recall) they gave us yellow T-shirts with a giant bottle logo and UN-ZILLA written across it. Apparently the CBC noticed the same breakage problem, they ran a show on it. https://www.cbc.ca/archives/the-explosive-problem-of-defective-pop-bottles-1.5127714

iggyworf

Reaction score
Photon440, that is so cool and interesting. I did not know that. Thanx for sharing! Do you still have any of those shirts?lol

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp