Didn't expect to find this when looking for bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
Part of the fun of searching for bottles is sometimes you find something out of the ordinary. I came across this old oil lamp bottle and was surprised it had no damage whatsoever. With that handle it looks like a genie bottle. Can anyone estimate the date of this? Or the approximate value.
DSCN3299.jpg

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Looks to be BIM. Probably late 19th to early 20th century. My guess is the water-soluble cement holding the collar that holds the burner broke away and the owner thought it irreparable.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
the ring at the top of what on a bottle would be a lip strongly suggests that it's ABM. I'd still say early 20th century though.

Jim G

Harry Pristis

Reaction score
Nice find. It can be restored with a new burner/wick and chimney. I have a small night-light that I dug and had restored by a lamp-collector friend. Parts are available at hobby shops.

RNorwood

Reaction score
I have a collection of early oil lamps and even a couple of whale oil lamps, which I have restored. Yours is definitely BIM and has a lovely patina; it is a keeper for sure. I agree with Robbie, late nineteenth- early twentieth century.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi