Question for the seasoned bottle diggers.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
As other's said, you can't do much in a state park besides picking up surface things. And actually if you are picking up bottles off the ground, you are doing the park a great favor by helping to remove debris. They certainly would prefer not to have glass laying around in the woods. But yeah, you can't do any digging. Those A/B bottles are really common. I see them all the time. They display well. But eventually you'll find much better ones to replace them on your shelf. I'm running out of room to display all my nice bottles.

Last edited:

hemihampton

Reaction score
You got a good deal on that Huebner, Anytime you can pick up a clean blob top for only $3.00 sounds good to me, even if common. If I remember right that Huebner Brewery still stands & I've been in there. I see it everytime I drive through Toledo on I-75 heading south to my right just before I cross that bridge & river. LEON.

RoyalRuby

Reaction score
You got a good deal on that Huebner, Anytime you can pick up a clean blob top for only $3.00 sounds good to me, even if common. If I remember right that Huebner Brewery still stands & I've been in there. I see it everytime I drive through Toledo on I-75 heading south to my right just before I cross that bridge & river. LEON.

Looks like a good portion of the building is now gone, a pic I found from 2010 and a current view from Bing Maps.

Attachments

• 00WFOP-236871784.jpg
    00WFOP-236871784.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_2019-11-28 Bing Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-11-28 Bing Maps.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 111

slugplate

Reaction score
Farm dumps can be a little tricky. There are so many different dump spots they used since there was really no "central" dump area, it's kind of spread around. Unfortunately you can't dig in most state parks and you're relegated to surface finds. However, if it's anything of historical value, it has to be turned in to the park service.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Bummer if they tore the Brewery down. I haven't been by there in a few years but used to go by it at least once a year on my way to Alabama for Christmas. LEON.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi