Interesting L.Q.C. Wishart's Pine Tree Tar Cordial

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

thomasg

Reaction score
I have an L.Q.C. Wishart's Pine Tree Tar Cordial that has an interesting double impression of the "1859" date. Has anyone seen this before, and does it do anything for the value? Bottle is far from sparkling mint, but is in good shape. It would be interesting to see it tumbled.

Attachments

• L.Q.C. Wishart's Pine Tree Tar Cordial green 9 1-2 in. a.jpg
    L.Q.C. Wishart's Pine Tree Tar Cordial green 9 1-2 in. a.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 233
  • L.Q.C. Wishart's Pine Tree Tar Cordial green 9 1-2 in. b.jpg
    L.Q.C. Wishart's Pine Tree Tar Cordial green 9 1-2 in. b.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 212
  • L.Q.C. Wishart's Pine Tree Tar Cordial green 9 1-2 in. #336.jpg
    L.Q.C. Wishart's Pine Tree Tar Cordial green 9 1-2 in. #336.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 196

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Glass slides in poorly vented molds and can put embossing all over the place. It's not a product of the engraved mould but of the glass hitting air in the mould and causing it to move. You see this most commonly in Brookfield insulators where letters and entire words or numbers slide as far as the dome and at weird angles.

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
It is a nice looking bottle even the way it is. I like the patina on it. I actually appreciate the imperfections that early bottles had. Each one was unique.

thomasg

Reaction score
I to love the crude imperfections of early bottles. I have an early Bromo Seltzer in aqua with a backwards "Z" I will be posting soon. Think I know how that happened, but I am curious about it's value.

slugplate

Reaction score
Heck, I would suspect a fair price between $125-$175, of course it all depends on the market and on the overall condition. If you list it, I'm sure you'll get some nibbles... especially since it's Civil War era.

slugplate

Reaction score
BTW, think carefully before tumbling it. There is a fine line with collectors about whether to tumble a bottle or not. The patina and iridescence are important to some collectors.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karjes18