St-Georges, Quebec ACL bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

eric70

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I came upon this ACL a while ago, I had shown it to another forum member. Both he and I had never seen the bottle before and didn't know much about it. I'm in northern Maine and came upon it here. you can pretty make out the front ACL from the photos but you may not be able to make out the back ACL, it reads: Fabriquees par Geo E Gilbert St-Georges Beauce Que. It had the Dominion logo diamond with a "D" inside on the bottom along with numbers, a single 9 is to the right of the logo which I assume might refer to the year being 49, 59, etc. Any help on year(s) of production would be great and I appreciate it....thanks alot,

Eric

Attachments

• DSCN9870.jpg
    DSCN9870.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 209
  • DSCN9871.jpg
    DSCN9871.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 230
  • DSCN9872.jpg
    DSCN9872.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 227

RCO

Reaction score
I've seen the bottle before , looking thru my pictures I found a picture of a similar bottle with the red and white acl . not exactly the same bottle as yours but from same bottler . its likely from the 40's or 50's era . but not sure how late they operated

stgeorges-beauceQUn.jpg

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Yeah I've seen these as well, I suspect they're pretty common because I see them from time to time around Montreal, which is pretty far from Beauce.

eric70

Reaction score
Thanks for the intel on that you guys , that helps me out in determining approximately when these would have been coming out, I also suspected the 40s-50s but it's always nice to get some sort of confirmation. Your ACL labels are mint RCO those are great. I never have come upon that particular bottle before so i knew nothing of it. Being in northern Maine i do come upon Canadian bottles just never had seen that one. I think this case is closed..thanks again you guys nice work!..

Eric

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora