Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
I just received this today but don't know a whole lot about the CD# or what company made it. It's the first insulator I have with a railroad actually imprinted onto it. It came from Deer Park, Maryland and was used on a 440 volt power line for the older color position light signals. Has anyone seen one like this before?
DSCN3691.jpgDSCN3690.jpg

Last edited:

slugplate

Reaction score
Wow, that's a terrific find! Definitely does not have the shape of any insulator I've uncovered, never mind porcelain. Hemmingray and Brookfield are all I have found.

eric70

Reaction score
Yes I have seen these before at insulator shows. they always come in white and usually sell between $10-$20. They were manufactured by Porcelain Products Co. Nice piece!..

Eric

eric70

Reaction score
I forgot to add that porcelain units are identified as U-# or M-#, the B&O piece is a U-293A

Eric

eric70

Reaction score
No problem at all, happy to help out...I look forward to seeing what other insulators you might have...I am always up for swapping bottles for insulators or insulators for insulators, or if I am interested I may be willing to buy some of your insulators. you may have seen some of my other posts in wanting insulators so you'll know that i don't care if you have common units, if i can use them for any of the various studies that i have going on then I will take them....

Eric

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrenzi