Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Ellie

Reaction score
Thank you so much for all the info! I will def have to check out Mr.Lockharts article! That seems like a wealth of information!

The swimsuit girl does have both her feet but I think I may have been kinda hiding it with my hand on accident hehe.

$10 is pretty good for something I found by chance for free! I dont plan on selling it but if I do I'll probably price it a bit lower than that just so it has more of a chance of selling lol

hemihampton

Reaction score
Some of mine. I'm guessing the red or orange faded off. LEON. 7-UPgroup (2).jpg

Canadacan

Reaction score
Something I was thinking about was my 1942 Canadian 7up seen in this photo has no red, but alas it has ghosting...so it simply wore away. I'm pretty sure it was a dug bottle, and oddly I have seen two other 1942's with the red worn off, not sure if its just a coincidence or maybe the red paint batches were not good at that time?

20181029_182416.jpg

RCO

Reaction score
Something I was thinking about was my 1942 Canadian 7up seen in this photo has no red, but alas it has ghosting...so it simply wore away. I'm pretty sure it was a dug bottle, and oddly I have seen two other 1942's with the red worn off, not sure if its just a coincidence or maybe the red paint batches were not good at that time?

I'd imagine there is lots of 7 up bottles out there without the red paint , most that were found outdoors only have the white as the red seems to come off sooner, I've found several like this , the one I posted has ghosting like you mentioned so it also had red paint at some point and it came off .

have to try and search around and see if I can find any examples which are for sure from ww2 era and never had the red paint

looking thru my pictures I found this bottle swimming in 2014 , not sure of its exact year of use , only has white but after being under water so long , its all that remained of the label

it has a slightly odd back , says " sip it slowly , taste each sip ,enjoy the finer flavour " which doesn't seem to be mentioned in the article so unsure of year of use
but looking thru some other 7 up's , the others with that wording had red paint on the front so it likely just came off and makes it appear like it didn't have red

7upPC1.jpg7upPC2.jpg

Last edited:

Canadacan

Reaction score
RCO as I mentioned on one of my posts the 'Sip it slowly' slogan was standard on 7oz Canadian 7up ACL's from at least 1942-1947, some Quebec bottles may have varied. The article you are referencing was specifically on USA 7up's and thus why the slogan is not mentioned. Still waiting to see a 1941 example to see if it was an 8 bubble in Canada.
Is your bottle a consumers or Dominion?...if Dominion any legible numbers on the base? They seems to have a problem with many of them being offset.

RCO

Reaction score
RCO as I mentioned on one of my posts the 'Sip it slowly' slogan was standard on 7oz Canadian 7up ACL's from at least 1942-1947, some Quebec bottles may have varied. The article you are referencing was specifically on USA 7up's and thus why the slogan is not mentioned. Still waiting to see a 1941 example to see if it was an 8 bubble in Canada.
Is your bottle a consumers or Dominion?...if Dominion any legible numbers on the base? They seems to have a problem with many of them being offset.

I looked at the bottle earlier today , found it in the garage , definitely had paint on it originally , could see where it had faded off , didn't notice the dominion mark

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fancy2cu