Yard Sales do not disappoint! Blobs and sodas!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
When I can't dig, I usually put around yard sales and antique stores for good deals on bottles. Usually it is hit or miss, but this time it was definitely hit for me! After getting many bad sales a sale that said it had bottles came up. When I got there I got excited. A collector was letting go of some of his dug bottles. Even after the antique dealers had come through, I ended up with three blobs and crown top soda for only $25!

James Smiddy New London, CT, Jas. J McGuane Meriden, Conn. , A Porto New Haven, Conn. , and a C U Sauter New London, Conn soda.

20191203_132803.jpg

The next yard sale I went to had a antiques and a few soda bottles including two quart sodas.

Marathon Beverages Norwich, Conn. Art Deco (probably dug), Light Rock Beverage Co. Hartford, Conn, and a Bacon Bottling Co. Hartford, Conn.

20191203_132835.jpg

I then decided to visit a local antiques store and came out with a large haul for only $30.

B Kearns 30 Central Ave. J.C. (anyone know where this is from?), Merrill's Beverages, Saybrook, Conn. , Edward Keefe New London, Conn. , Fred Boock Tarrytown, N.Y. , and a Bove & Coclianese Catskill, N.Y.

20191203_132929.jpg

Overall I killed it! I guess this is proof that their are good deals at yard sales if you persist enough to find them.

Thanks for reading,
PlaneDiggerCam

RCO

Reaction score
the marathon beverages has a neat design , definitely a unique design as I haven't seen an art deco in that exact shape before , pretty sure it would clean up more , likely just dirt or light rust on it

yacorie

Reaction score
Nice buys. Love finding good deals like these

do you collect 1920s-1950s CT sodas/beers? I have tons of them and would be interested in selling/trading if you’re interested

yacorie

Reaction score
The Kearns is a bottle from jersey city. Not a rare bottle but a nice one

PlaneDiggerCam

Reaction score
Southeastern CT, U.S.A. Also in Adams & York Co,
the marathon beverages has a neat design , definitely a unique design as I haven't seen an art deco in that exact shape before , pretty sure it would clean up more , likely just dirt or light rust on it

Yeah, all it needs is a quick rinse and scrub with a bottle brush. Will defintely be an eye catcher when it is cleaned!

RCO

Reaction score
Yeah, all it needs is a quick rinse and scrub with a bottle brush. Will defintely be an eye catcher when it is cleaned!

I imagine there is lots of neat 20's/30's era art deco bottles from your area as it was one of the main industrial area at the time and likely a lot of bottlers

slugplate

Reaction score
The "Kearns" bottle with "J.C." I believe is referring to Jersey City, NJ.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Awesome! Never have found good stuff like that at garage/yard sales.....yet.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora