Cherry 7 Up

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bottle-bud

Reaction score
Purchased this Cherry 7 Up today for $15.00 at a local anitique mall. Never seen one before and it was especially clean. Cannot make out the makers mark as it has a really shallow impression almost looks like a star in a circle with 770 next to it. Could not find that mark in my usual sources. I am guessing a bottle dating to the late 1970's?
Ok, 7 Up collectors is this a common bottle or not? I am guessing a short lived bottle. Any input would be appreciated.

P1030523.jpg

Last edited:

WesternPA-collector

Reaction score
This is a great pickup and worth it. I can't find many bottles like this in photos online so it could be rare. And seems like a mid to late 70's bottle. Before they started to get more boring lol.

iggyworf

Reaction score
Yeah it is a hard bottle to find. I have seen one on ebay a few yrs ago. It was introduced in 1987. And I believe it is still made today. Maybe not in the US or Canada but other countries. I would have picked it up for that price also.

I think I will correct myself and say it is available all over.

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Wow, I've definitely never seen that one before. Do you think it's American? Since you don't recognize the maker's mark, and it has metric units on it, I'm wondering if it might be from another country.

RCO

Reaction score
i haven't seen the bottle before , years ago I remember there being " cherry coke " and maybe some other brands had cherry flavours but these would of all been in cans . I don't recall cherry 7 up being sold here recently unless its one of those uncommon flavours that is really hard to find ,

a few weeks ago I came across a small convenience store about an hour south of me that literally had every flavour of pop available in cans , although most was from the US though not actually made here , it might be the kind of thing they'd sell

iggyworf

Reaction score
Wow, I've definitely never seen that one before. Do you think it's American? Since you don't recognize the maker's mark, and it has metric units on it, I'm wondering if it might be from another country.

I am fairly certain it is a US bottle. Here are some older cherry 7up cans on ebay. No bottles though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1992-12-oz...340770?hash=item3fc7f01962:g:fw0AAOSwKN1c8vC2

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Diet-Cherr...781851?hash=item593bd321db:g:Hp0AAOSwk4ldoOeC

Canadacan

Reaction score
I concure with iggy that it's a USA bottle. 1980's seems right for the two measuments being on the bottle....yes it seems odd but they started to do that on cans as well.
I don't recall Cherry 7up in Canada, but I do know we had raspberry and orange 7up in 1990 because I have the cans in my collection.

bottle-bud

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input. I can now narrow down the date of the bottle being the early 1980's and a not so common bottle. Perhaps one last hurrah for a soda in a returnable glass bottle before everything came in cans and plastic.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora