What? A river bank full of paver bricks!? Damn right!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Noreen, Welcome to the Antique Bottle Forum. I can't say what the markings on the bricks are but some could be worth a bit of money. It is alot of fun resarching old houses, land, bricks, bottles, well you get the idea.

Old Henry's horticulturalists were growing plants that could possibly be used to make rubber. He and Thomas A. Edison where trying to come up with a source of rubber that could be cutlivated in the USA. They actually extracted usable rubber from Goldenrods but synthetic rubber came along and put them out of business.
It was too expensive anyway.

Hope this helps a little.

capsoda

Reaction score
They cross pollenated them until the got them to grow 12 feet tall. They were harvested twice a year.

Can you imagine how many golden rods it would take to make 1 gal of the liquid used to make rubber.[8|]

JGUIS

Reaction score
Screw that, can you imagine how much pollen comes off a field full of 12' Goldenrod???

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
There's a guy from the Ohio bottle club who's putting together a book on marked bricks. His name is Don Dzuro. He's a really nice guy and I'm sure would be interested in hearing about all of your bricks. Here's a nice old hand made marked brick from Hammondsville Ohio. This one was made around 1855 or so. notice how the marking is transferred from a woodcut.

1BF0DBADAFD3421681AE64EF56B7E02B.jpg

Attachments

• 1BF0DBADAFD3421681AE64EF56B7E02B.jpg
    1BF0DBADAFD3421681AE64EF56B7E02B.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 74

Bottleman

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to contact the man from Ohio that is putting together the book? I have about 15 marked bricks that I have collected and made a little walk way out of. The one I bought from my buddy who pulled it out of the side of a brick lined privy. One side is glazed pure white. He said after they dug the privy and looked down the entire hole was shiny white. I would have loved to be there.

~~Tom

madman

Reaction score
hey cap you r one smart guy wow again great info mike

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member