old mason jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

3emarketeers

Reaction score
One more question before I list the whiskey jugs. The one jug says Wine Merchant on it, Does that make it a wine jug? Whats the difference between a wine jug and a whiskey jug? And the wine jug has some sort of old collar around it, (looks like a dog collar to me) Is that something that is suppose to go with it or should I take it off?

Thanks for any information in advance!

Angela

JGUIS

Reaction score
I'm not sure that it's that easy to tell exactly what was in them. Most merchants had their own way of doing things, but it could have held either. I would list it as an advertising liquor jug, with any dates you have found for it.

huffmnd

Reaction score
I would list them under advertising jugs myself but you really need to do a little research on them first. The more info that you can supply when selling the better also research which category is best to list them under sometimes it depends on where you list the item as to what it will bring.

3emarketeers

Reaction score
OKAY EVERYONE, I HAVE TAKEN YOUR ADVICE AND I LISTED ONE OF THE JUGS. IF ANYONE WANTS TO GET THE BIDDING STARTED
order.gif
FEEL FREE
order.gif
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP AND ADVICE
I HAVE FAITH THAT YOU ALL KNEW WHAT YOU YOUR TALKING ABOUT
biga.gif
ANGELA
WE DON'T STOP LAUGHING BECAUSE WE GET OLD
WE GET OLD BECAUSE WE STOP LAUGHING
EX.gif

3emarketeers

Reaction score
WELL I REALLY MESSED THAT AUCTION UP DIDN'T I. THANKS ERIC! FOR LETTING ME KNOW!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snidelis