old mason jars

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

3emarketeers

Reaction score
First of all thanks to Dennis for telling me about this site. I can tell it is going to be a great help to me. I have been asked to consign hundreds of old bottles on ebay and I haven't a clue about them. Here are a few (not real good pictures) of some of the bottles/jars if anyone can tell me if they are even worth listing on ebay! Thanks so much in advance for any help! Angela[&:]

2f_1_sbl.JPG
3a_1_sbl.JPG
65_1_sbl.JPG
01_1_sbl.JPG
1a_1_sbl.JPG
c8_1_sbl.JPG
b6_1_sbl.JPG
ed_1_sbl.JPG
52_1_sbl.JPG
bd_1_sbl.JPG
c2_1_sbl.JPG
85_1_sbl.JPG
f7_1_sbl.JPG
18_1_sbl.JPG
af_1_sbl.JPG
fe_1_sbl.JPG

bottlediger

Reaction score
I know I would like to buy those jugs off of you, that is if you are selling them. Let me know how much you can email me at rhoward182 @ Hotmail.com but without the spaces thanks

Ryan

3emarketeers

Reaction score
Hey Ryan,
My problem is I don't know how much any of these bottle/jars are worth. If I know there is an interest in them, I will put them up on ebay and start them for...say 10 bucks each. I can have them listed maybe by Friday. My ebay id is 3emarketeers and my email is emarketeers @ alltel.net

Thanks Angela

woody

Reaction score
I would do a completed item search on eBay to see if any of the jars you have are worth putting up.
Alot of them are common mason jars and don't command very high prices.
Forget most of the screw top bleach bottles and unembossed common bottles from the 1940's and 1950's as they aren't worth much, also.
Stoneware jugs seem to do well on eBay and those would be worth putting up.
You could always start with no reserve and just let em' see what they do.

cookie

Reaction score
Hi- I agree with Woody-The ebay marketplace will decide the value on the jugs-the common jars and clorox bottles I wouldn't list...John

3emarketeers

Reaction score
THANKS EVERYONE FOR ALL THE INFO. I REALLY APPRECIATE IT!
ANGELA

JGUIS

Reaction score
The jars would do better at a flea market or yard sale than on Ebay. Being worth a couple dollars doesn't usually work when shipping is 4-6 bucks. You could also weed out the new stuff and sell the rest in a lot, or try to build a set of mold numbers if you have enough to go through. Good luck.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
The Classico you can still get full of spahgetti sauce $1.50. pictures 2-9 probably wouldn't be worth the shipping cost. I think the same for 10-11' 12, the first jug may go on a given day but you can never tell what that day is. The 2 stencilled jugs, I think your talking now. The Dawson I saw here once I think. The other I can't make out.
Also, don't list stuff at $10, $9.99 saves a quarter in listing fees.

3emarketeers

Reaction score
THANKS EVERYONE, FOR ALL THE INFO,
I AM JUST GOING TO LIST THE LAST 2 JUGS AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS. I AM GOING TO START THEM OUT AT 99 CENTS AND SAVE EVEN MORE ON THE LISTING FEES, HOPEFULLY I WILL GET AT LEAST ENOUGH TO PAY FOR THE FEES[:)]
THANKS AGAIN. ALSO IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN SOME OLD ASHBURN COKE BOTTLES (CLEAR STRAIGHT SIDE, 1923 HOBBLESKIRT AND A BIG FROSTY, ALL WITH ASHBURN EMBOSSED ON THE BOTTOM OF THE BOTTLE) THERE ON EBAY WITH A 99 CENT START TOO!

ANGELA[&:]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp