actually a diving partner

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
I live very close to the ohio river near in Steubenville Ohio and have located what I believe to be several offshore dumps. I'm hoping to find someone willing to dive and or help me get started diving for bottles. I've been obsessed with this idea for awhile now! Please, someone help me!

capsoda

Reaction score
I was going to start diving again. My doctor said I should find something a little easyer and safer like hand feeding polar bears or swiming with killer whales.

Guess that means no diving for me.[&o]

jerseybones

Reaction score
Hey Zane, If you really think you have some sites to check. Email me in the spring and I will come out with a crew and see what you've found. We dive here in Jersey for bottles all the time. Lotsa current, no viz, and cold! great fun! If YOU want to dive for bottles. Go get CERTIFIED and start DIVING for fun first. You need to be comfortable DIVING before you can actually DIVE and FIND stuff. Ken aka jerseybones

adshepard

Reaction score
Jerseybones suggestions are on target. You need to get certified to dive and be comfortable diving before diving for bottles. I dive for bottles all the time in Downeast Maine where currents, cold water and bad viz are what you get all the time. Bottle diving can make the viz get worse so being a good diver is of the utmost importance.

Alan

zanes_antiques

Reaction score
thanks guys, I'd like to get certified but I wouldn't mind just being the guy up top. I'm sure you need a guy above water too right? I know the spots I've got are going to produce. One is a wharf out of cut sandstone and it's bee there a long long time. I have a few other places in mind too. I'll be looking forward to the day when I see those bottles coming out of the water!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky