HAVE YOU EVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE THIS WEIRD MUG?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

3emarketeers

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,​
I know this isn't a bottle, but I thought I would just take a chance and see if anyone has ever seen anything like this and if so maybe tell me whatever they know.​
My kids have been going out into the woods and digging in a trash dump that my great grandparents and their neighbors used a long time ago.​
They found this cup all wrapped up in what looks like a sheet--it fell apart as we unwrapped it​
Inside was this cup, In very good and clean condition. I didn't have to clean it at all.​
It is 5" tall.​
It's pretty heavy for its size​
and it looks very well made​
I don't see any kind of signature markings at all​
1b_1_sbl.JPG
ce_1_sbl.JPG
NOW ARE YOU READY TO SEE THE INSIDE OF THE CUP? THIS IS THE REALLY WEIRD PART
0c_1_sbl.JPG
WHEN I WAS LOOKING AT IT, I ALMOST DROPPED IT WHEN I LOOKED INSIDE.
ANYHOW, IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO ABOUT THESE KINDS OF ITEMS, OR MAYBE WHERE I WOULD EVEN START RESEARCHING, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.
THANKS!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
That is a anti-bitters drinkers coffe mug hahaha Cause after a hard night with the bitters bottle you had your coffee and looked down in that thing and said "I AINT NEVER DRINK'N AGAIN" !!!! lol very cool cup! Taz

towhead

Reaction score
Interesting.... Maybe whoever threw it out didnt like the face on it. Seems odd that they wrapped it up though....maybe they were superstitious and thought bad luck if they broke it....? [8|]

towhead

Reaction score
Searched the internet....Vintage....Stein....Face / Head inside.... Maybe if we had a name for whatever that is-inside the stein/cup/mug....[8|]

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Angela,

To find out about that strange mug I would try a PM to tncgal (Brenda) she hasn't been on here in a while but is quite knowlegable about any type pottery/ porcelain type things. If she doesn't know she is great at finding out info. Worth a try. Quite a find there.

Cliff

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TracyPecora