Bottles in Sweden, Finland, and Russia?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AndyR

Reaction score
Conroe, Texas (but originally Massachusetts)
I will be going on a vacation this summer to Sweden, Finland, and possibly the St. Petersburg area of Russia. Does anyone know if any antique shops carrying bottles in these countries or museums with a nice collection? I know southern Sweden has a big glass-making industry, so we might get to one of the places where you can watch it being made, but of course I' m interested in old bottles.

An advice would be great! Thanks!

AndyR

Reaction score
Report on bottles in Sweden and Finland!

I had a great time in Sweden and Finland and was very pleasantly surprised to find neat old bottles in their antique shops! I bought a full-label medicine from Orebro, Sweden called " Salubrin," a beautiful blue-green soda or beer with stopper from Fjugesta, Sweden, a crude aqua green BIM with label from Narpes, Finland and a gorgeous amber medicine emobssed " Oxygenol" on both sides. I also got a beautiful nurser and a very delicate but strange glass device (please see picture of the glass unit with two necks - any ideas what this was for? It was a bugger to get back to Texas without breaking!)

I would love to know something about Oxygenol or Salubrin if anyone knows anything about them. I even visited a wonderful little bottle museum in Portom, Finland! There are several famous glass factories in full operation in southern Sweden, but I didn' t get that far south. I will post seven images of my Sweden and Finland souvenirs as soon as I can figure out what' s messing up my posting ability. Stay tuned!

IRISH

Reaction score
Did you see any codd' s or other patent soft drink bottles in Sweden or Finland ?, I can' t say that I' ve ever seen any from those countrys.
Glad that you had fun, I' ll look forward to seeing the photo' s.

AndyR

Reaction score
Now that you mention it, no, I didn' t see any codds or patent sodas in either country. LOTS of wines and liquors, though. I guess it is a heat source for those long winters ...

Not being able to post the pictures is making me crazy (crazier), but I won' t give up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jwt@ky