We aint got these in the NORTH!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
I just got back from a few days stay in Georgia... I thought the black flies & ticks were bad here! These little bugger's and big ole snakes are just a crawling down there lol... I gave this little fellow a ride back home to[:D] Maine on the plane! Happy Digging! Taz

Hf98889.jpg

Attachments

• Hf98889.jpg
    Hf98889.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 122

IRISH

Reaction score
We get a few of them (lot's in some places) here but that one looks a fair bit bigger than our ones, nice of you to give him (or her) a free trip to Maine [:D] .
That is a good looking ink it's sitting on there.

diginit

Reaction score
We have those in California,But ours are orange or golden in color.Great pets. Just don't make them mad.

Maine Digger

Reaction score
What Taz didn't tell you all is that creature is just one of Maine's Black Flies in it's larva stage, you should see the adults!!!![:D]

luvtodig

Reaction score
LOL Norm!! We had those in Arizona, they kept trying to swim in the pool..that is the only ones I saw..thank goodness[:)] I am told that the black flies here will take out a chunk of skin..yikes![&:] I can hardly wait for that..

Kim

Reaction score
Hi all
Well, thank goodness I don't unearth such beastly creatures here in Oz, I saw a snake skin today and the scales were huge (King Brown I'd say) so I was very careful. When you are wearing headphones you tend to see before you hear[8|].

Norm, I can't wait to see a pick of one with wings. Hmm! you didn't send a box of black flies, did you?[:eek:] lol.

For everybody else: Norm has sent a package to me with unknown contents, can't wait to see what is in it[:-].

Kim

leebran20

Reaction score
What exactly are these black flies like? They bite or just swarm you without end? We have mosquitoes here that do both -- and two years back we had a dengue outbreak which greatly limited the places I was willing to go dig -- but at least the 100 percent Deet works on them, which I heard it doesn't with the flies.

We don't have snakes either -- at least we're not supposed to -- but we do have centipedes, and quite a bit of them when I dig the types of mountain dumps I usually do. Can usually count on having to try to catch about five or six of them during a reg. dig and throwing them as far as possible with the shovel. A digger friend I met over the Net -- some of you may know him from Scott's Privy Page, a great site -- came to vacation and dig over on Kauai a couple years back, and though he has to deal with snakes at home in Michigan, I couldn't tell him enough to come anywhere near easing his mind about the 'pedes. I do hate them too.

Brandon

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
This scorpion's bark is worse then his bite, lol it is only like a bee sting. From what I saw of the behavior in the wild they would rather run away... The problem is they come in the house and hide in dark places like shoes or slippers! Ahhhhh thats when they get ya! Happy digg'n Taz

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marenjch