drey perfect mason

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Shagnasty

Reaction score
hi all thought i would through this up dont think its anything good just different i have never seen perfect mason on anything but ball when ya git right down to it i have never seen a drey jar dug it out of the canal a few days ago
any info is good info so let me know
thanks all shagnasty

DFB707F6A5D74DAB89AEDA4C3170BE8F.jpg

Attachments

• DFB707F6A5D74DAB89AEDA4C3170BE8F.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 1,577

JGUIS

Reaction score
Hey Shag, Drey was bought by Ball. I'll have to look at mine to get a date for you, I looked it up, but forget.[&:]

bobclay

Reaction score
The Drey Perfect Masons were made from the late teens to 1925.

Then in 1925, as GJUIS states, Ball bought out the parent company, Schram, that produced the Drey jars. Ball altered the moulds on some of these after acquisition so that Drey read Ball and continued to make some of these with PERFECT offset to the left of MASON. Usually, you can read the word Drey below the word Ball quite easily on these reworked examples. And almost always you can still see the long tail of the y under the Ball name.

Ball also continued to make the DREY PERFECT MASON jar for a few more years, but they centered the embossing on these. So it is easy to tell if a DREY PERFECT MASON was made by Ball or Drey. If the embossing is offset, it was Drey made. If it is centered it was Ball made, even though it is embossed DREY PERFECT MASON.

Bob Clay

Shagnasty

Reaction score
hey jguis waz up! not much here done a little digging didnt find much this jar and a sore back[:'(] got to git together and dig again tis the sesaon[:D]

bob thanks man! the jar man has spoken[:D] didnt think it was anything great but it is cool enough to have earned it a spot on the shelf the history that goes with the glass is the real reason i like this stuff again thanks for the great info

later shagnasty

Wildcat Wrangling Kat

Reaction score
hi all thought i would through this up dont think its anything good just different i have never seen perfect mason on anything but ball when ya git right down to it i have never seen a drey jar dug it out of the canal a few days ago
any info is good info so let me know
thanks all shagnasty

I just sold 1 that has the word drey to ball, rather crudely . Their history is interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jarsnstuff

Reaction score
Here are a couple of Ball jars on the reworked Drey molds. Also, a Ball Square Mason reworked from the Drey Square

Attachments

• 285 Ball Perfect Mason - reworked Drey mold.JPG
    285 Ball Perfect Mason - reworked Drey mold.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 728
  • 285.1 Ball Perfect Mason -Drey rework.JPG
    285.1 Ball Perfect Mason -Drey rework.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 783
  • 313.6 Ball Square Mason.JPG
    313.6 Ball Square Mason.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 591

Latest posts

Members online