"Off season" hobbys? What else do ya do?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
Apart from collecting and metal detecting I am a showjumper (not really a hobby, more like a way of life that everything else has to fit in with) and I shoot. Looking at that sled of Oldtimer's almost makes me wish we got snow here [:D] , I don't think the fun to be had with snow would be worth the unpleasantness of working horses in it though [;)] .

Larisa W.

Reaction score
This is a great post!! I am glad to see what others do in thier time away from bottles!!

SWEET Torino! Whats your time in the half mile?

I am busy working on a 1968 cougar, and we also have a 1966 two door "A" body dart, and a 48 Willys, which will eventually be our drag truck.....my dad has been a dragger/street rodder for years, and thats how I got interested...I am glad to see others here who are into these things!!

I can relate to Jules...our house was built in 1948, not near as old as yours, but the remodel has taken lots of spare time.....any cool history you have found out about the house???? the only info I have is that the house was owned by the local lumber mill,(which has been a good dig) and that a previous owner committed suicide by gunshot in the house, about 5 years before we bought the place. Kinda creepy!!

I cant wait to read more about everyones hobbies!!

Larisa W.

BRIAN S.

Reaction score
Hi Larisa,
I don't have a current time on the Torino......I just put a new motor in it and it is at the paint shop for a face lift and hasn't been down the track as of yet...... But with the old Motor and with full interior( around 3800 lbs.) it has ran 7.40 seconds at 93 MPH in the 1/8 mile ( 660 feet ). I'm hoping with the new motor and some weight reduction to be somewhere in the 6 second zone. [;)]
It looks like I could get lots of work from members of the forum.....As everyone is remodeling their homes on here. I'm also a Residential Building Contractor here in the state of TN. !!!!!

Oldtimer

Reaction score
Irish, check out Hardcoresledder.com

Here's another pic, from the side.

Zx70630.jpg

Picture reduced in size - please see Help - Using the Forum ---> Uploading a Picture - Oldtimer you should know better [:(] - Admin

Attachments

• Zx70630.jpg
    Zx70630.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 81

Maine Digger

Reaction score
Well, in the 11 months out of the year when the ground is too frozen to dig in Maine......[:D] Actually, I've dug from late March till almost December some years. In the 'off' season I generally complete some woodworking projects. I've nearly rebuilt my entire house, I've replaced many of the historic details that were removed by previous owners who liked clamshell molding better than the 'old fashioned' molding that was hand planed in 1830[:mad:] All winter, on Saturday afternoons, I retreat to my 'celler hole' and work with hard woods while listening to A Prarrie Home Companion on PBN[8D] It's also when I get a lot of my reading done, these days it's a luxury to sit down with a good book for an hour or two!!

Maine woods Digger 2

Reaction score
Well, As i might just say i have taking a short time off bottle digging i ran into a hard time not finding any bottles and it just really got on my nerves. Im sorry but when i go for hours at a time and find useless bottles it just gets annoying, but it is my hobby and im trying to learn to not let it get to my. Im a very unpatient person and i have to learn patience when it comes to bottle digging...

Also it seems like you all have very fun hobbys and some dangrous ones too well for me anyways it seems like you have pretty excitng hobbys out side of bottle digging and free time, I on the other hand like to garden dosnt seem like much i also liek to hope on the 4 Wheeler and go rinding i wil send in some pictures for you to all see....

I am returing to the bottle site and i shouldnt of left and been rude to all of you because of all my own personal problems please accept me back and dont be angry on
] the way i left im sorry[:(] Maine Woods Digger 2

IRISH

Reaction score
Welcome back Kevin [:D] , I don't think anyone here's going to be angry with you, you can come and go as you please on this site [;)] .

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp